Thursday 17 May 2007

Some Random Notes

I don't have any big things to tell, but I hate to go too long without posting, so I'll just post about a few little things.

A while back (around the time Nicole visited) I noticed a pair of swans sitting on a nest along the Kennet bank. The other day I was walking home and as I was going over the Kennet I saw a swarm of fluffy baby swans fighting the tide to keep up with their parent. They were very cute. I took Russell out to see them a few days ago, but I forgot my camera, so no pictures.

Tonight we are going to dine adventurously. I walked past a menu board outside a restaurant announcing a Thursday special: A seven course Ethiopian meal for £7.50. I haven't had Ethiopian food in ages. I'm really looking forward to it.

And to continue with the culinary bragging... the other night we had a rather fancy meal as well. A nest of sauteed green beans with a bed of brown basmati rice in the center, a narrow salmon fillet on top of that with Bati curried butternut squash over the whole thing. Soooo good.

I just got home from the University. I did some more observing and lead a conversation group in the afternoon. We mostly commiserated about how hard it is to learn English and the different ways everyone studies. It was interesting, but I think they were a bit disappointed that I couldn't give them any magical advice.

No comments: