Thursday 14 January 2010

Winter is upon us

Nothing big to share, but I thought I would do a short post.

Russell and I are no longer sick and now back to work - so life is going back into its (less blog-able) familiar patterns. It did snow in Kobe (kind of) yesterday. The temperatures have been around the low 40s and occasionally the 30s for some time, but not usually freezing. Yesterday was clearly pretty cold, though, as I made my way to work.

Sometime around 2:00 - and in spite of the sunny day - my coworker came over and said, "Is it snowing??" I almost didn't look. Of course, not, its sunny outside. There aren't even any clouds! But sure enough. IT was like someone was throwing salt off the roof and the wind was throwing it all over the place. The snow flakes were super tiny and light. They were getting blown every direction. It was definitely snow, though.

Once I had confirmed it for her, my coworker started to get very excited. She is from Singapore and has never seen snow before. This was her first experience. Now I hope we get a real snow storm - even if it doesn't stick - so she can see what real snow is like.

Otherwise, my students are all actively comparing potential study abroad schools for next year. Its very lively in the office these days. Its a nice change. This term things got really quiet. No one was coming in for conversation practice. Now we can't get them to leave us alone.

When it snows it pours? Uh... When it snows it dumps?
Never mind.

No comments: