Thursday 21 January 2010

Russell's New Flame

Russell has a new love in his life. Its a Japanese TV Show about Heavy Metal music hosted by Marty Friedman of Megadeth (who lives in Tokyo and speaks fluent, if heavily accented Japanese). Its called Rock Fujiyama and is a variety show centered around rock and heavy metal music with a dose of Japanese culture thrown in the mix. The bits I heard were of Marty playing a short riff and his co-host (I think) trying to guess the song.

Russell's been glued to the show for two days. It was only on air for a year. Even so, there seem to be many, many episodes. Every time Russell tries to get me to watch it he brings up what an awesome guitar player Mr. Friedman is. I'm a bit too square for it, thought.

Russell is confined to his earphones.

I have to admit, after reading about the show it sounds more interesting than I had gathered from overhearing it. Plus. Russell's hypnosis suggests its worth a peek - even if you don't speak Japanese.

I believe you can find episodes on YouTube.

No comments: