Sunday 10 January 2010

Illness Strikes

We left Nagoya on New Year's Day and used our Juu Hachi Kippu to make our way back to Kobe. By early evening we were home and quite pleased with our adventure. I believe Russell's comment was somewhere along the lines of, "Yay! We went somewhere!"

So what have we been doing since New Year's?

Being sick!

It turns out that while spending around 12 hours on trains with strangers is cheap, it's quite a challenge for the old immune system. Russell got sick first, and while our first assumption was that I had poisoned him by okaying the milk that had been in our fridge since before we left for Tokyo, we later went to the doctor and determined that it was something a bit stronger than sour milk. I will have to post about Japanese hospitals soon. They are pretty awesome.

To cut to the chase, though, Russell got medicine. About that time I started getting sick, too. Not the same sick, but something else. I suspect I later gave Russell what I had, because as he stayed sick a long time with a wide range of symptoms. I got better faster, but then did too much one day, got tired, and had a relapse. It has now been a full week and we are only now starting to feel normal again. Normal is good, though. Very good. Monday is a national holiday, too, so we have a long weekend to rest and make sure we are all better.

The snowy picture at the top of the post was taken from the train somewhere around Gifu - between Nagoya and Kobe. It was farther north than Nagoya and got hit harder by the snow I mentioned in an earlier post. It was beautiful scenery.

No comments: