Thursday 30 June 2011

Pajama Night

The Wednesday swing group had a Pajama Night last night. I've been looking forward to it for two months. I don't really wear official pajamas - just t-shirts and the same flannel pants I've had since college - but since said flannel pants were pretty threadbare - and the seams were 70% ripped out, I decided Pajama Night was a good excuse to acquire some PJs. I looked around but couldn't find anything in the local stores that would fit me. FInally I browsed around online and found a cute pair of pajamas with owls. They even came with the guarantee that they would stare at your husband round the clock.

Unfortunately, they didn't ship to Japan, so I had to send them to my mom who forwarded them on. When they arrived I started wearing them right away. They were quite comfortable and thankfully light weight (since the temperatures they are a-risin'). Last weekend I got them all washed and pressed and ready to unveil at the dance. I also went out and found a pair of shiny gold pajamas for Russell at the local variety store. We were all set.

Along with the pajama theme, we were invited to take part in a Jack and Jill contest (our first). Jack and Jill contests are where you are randomly matched with another dancer and then compete. This one was casual - we just had one partner and there were no elimination rounds. We did a group warm-up, we each got as set amount of time within a song to perform for the audience, and then we all danced together again. The audience voted and the lucky couple won.

As in Russell and Miki (his partner for the evening. )

In fact, Russell not only won the Jack and Jill competition, he also won the best PJs award! He kindly informed everyone that I had picked them out for him and shared his prize - a free drink ticket.

I was not clever enough to take pictures myself, but several other people did. A few less than flattering ones were posted on Facebook, but I'm going to wait until I have some better ones to post on the blog.

No comments: