Sunday 12 June 2011

The green stuff must be good for you, right?

I spent all of last week sick. Not sick enough to stay home from work, but feeling pretty crummy. That seemed to be echoed by most of my students and a few co-workers, too. Today is Sunday and I still don't feel great after a full weekend laying low. Last night Russell and I went to the grocery store to get things for dinner. Along with dinner we also spotted two other items of interest. One was materials to make your own umeshu (plum wine) and the other was a bag of single serving green powder to be added to liquid. The front of the package showed two pairs of aged but spry farmers in their green fields. This was clearly a health drink. I figured my health could only improve, so we threw a package in the cart.

I'll post about the uemshu next, but as for the green drink, we took it home and read the directions. It said it could be mixed with water or milk and should be stirred thoroughly until it fully disolved. We decided to experiment and try putting the powder in soy milk. A fairly safe bed. It worked out well and looked lovely in the glass I acquired at the belgian beer festival last weekend.

First impression? Tasted a bit like a seaweed milkshake, but was generally pleasant. Do I feel healthier? Not yet. Still working on that.

No comments: