Monday 24 May 2010

That's some rain...

So the rain was hard enough this morning that public schools were shut down and the train was an hour delayed.

I didn't have any problem getting to work (sometimes its nice to live close) but I did take a change of shoes, imagining I would need them. I wore my Dansko's to work because they keep me the farthest away from the puddles. I made it 90% of the way to work, but just as I was going down the last set of stairs outside our school, I managed to step in a two inch puddle that went up to my ankle. Thinking I had just hit the deep part of the puddle, I took a leap towards the school. Turned out the whole walk was under two inches of water. At this point both feed were completely under wanter and my pants were thoroughly splashed with rain water.

I was glad I had my spare shoes. Of course, the water had soaked through the bag they were in, so they didn't LOOK like my dry shoes... but at least they were dry on the inside.

We get a week of dry (hopefully not hot and humid) weather after this.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

you need some cute rainboots and then you can intentionally walk thru the puddles... sorry about your wet feet.

gdenniston said...

I vote the cute moose boots that Michelle and I have from LLBean

Jaci said...

Japan has some amazingly cute rain boots. I seriously doubt LLBean can compete... might need to see pictures. :)