Sunday 23 May 2010

Rainy Season Year 2

Guess what time of year it is?

Early this year instead of late, we have reached rainy season. It is currently dumping buckets outside. The nice part of this is that it is not hot. Its just good honest cold rain. I have no problem with that. I know all the water is going to mix with some hot weather next week and things are going to get ugly, though, so I am experiencing our weather today with a solid dose of pessimism.

Apparently, rainy season is usually in July. This might just be a surprise spring shower and not actually rainy season yet, but no one seems to believe that.

Last year Spring was lovely and the rains didn't start until almost August.

Needless to say, I don't really know WHAT to expect from Japanese weather. There seem to be 10 distinct seasons and they start whenever they darn well please. It does keep things interesting, though.

Now if only the oppressively hot summer will surprise us all with a short stay...

More to come soon. I have great things to post but we are coming up on Midterms and life has just been crazy. I'll do my best to get some more posts out soon.

No comments: