Monday 15 March 2010

White Day

And yet another holiday!

I mentioned that this one was coming in the Valentine's Day post. Today is White Day, the day when men get a chance to reciprocate the gifts they were given by women a month earlier. This one is just as fabricated as Valentine's Day, but I suspect it is one of the main reasons women suffer though Valentine's Day. At least its not completely one sided - and the men are suppose to one up the ladies - in price if not in personal attention.

The stores have all had White Day displays up. Chocolate is one option to give to the ladies, but from what I hear, marshmallow treats are also considered highly appropriate. I gave Russell very specific instructions that anything with marshmallow would not be accepted as a replacement for chocolate.

I should back up, though. Such comments make it seem that Russell was being guided through White Day, and that actually wasn't the case. I had long forgotten that I had potential chocolate on the horizon, but Russell was on keeping track. I only caught wind of the holiday again when Russell mentioned it to a conversation partner. Of course, then I started weighing in.

In the end, in spite of having worked at least 18 hours a day for the last week and only having slept about five hours the night before, Russell dragged himself out of the cave and went in search of some sinfully delightful chocolates. I was at work (on a Sunday, grr) but when I got home, Russell had a bag with a highly packaged box of Belgian chocolates inside. A double-decker even!

Very well done, Mr. Mull.

Hopefully his work crunch is over now and his work schedule will return to normal. I've got until Friday before I can relax, but my dad comes Thursday evening, so I will get a nice vacation with family to help me unwind from all the crazy. I am VERY much looking forward to that.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

a) High-five, Russ! Way to be!

b) You reminded me of how you're not coming to the Galapagos and how that's poopy (to quote Russell). But have fun with your dad and starting school and stuff. I guess...

LOVE! Happy White Day!