Wednesday 17 March 2010

Happy Saint Patrick's Day

It turns out I do have one more post for tonight. Its Saint Patrick's Day! This is one holiday that does not seem to have been adopted by the Japanese. I guess I'm not surprised. Chances are good that foreigners all over Japan are hitting the local pubs to celebrate, but we weren't able to go out tonight. Instead, Russell brought home some bottles of Guiness and a bottle of Bushmills Irish Whisky to help us get int the spirit of the day.

In the picture you can see my evening textbook-writing set up. A Guiness on the left (served in a small plastic tumbler) and a glass of whiskey on the right. Russell felt it was important that I start both the beer and whiskey before we passed midnight and were no longer technically connected to the holiday we were celebrating. Since I am still writing textbooks, I will probably be nursing these two beverages for quite some time. I am not, as it turns out, quite the lush I paint myself to be on my blog. Thank goodness.

No comments: