Saturday 20 March 2010

SO Tired

Dad made it safe and sound to Kobe. He is sleeping on our floor as I write this. He seems perfectly cozy to me, for those who are wondering.

Unfortunately, I have barely gotten to see him yet. The last two days have been virtually solid textbook work. I was at work by 7am on Friday in hopes of finishing early, but by 7pm I was pretty dead and there was still a lot to do. We all decided to call it a night and come back fresh the next morning.

I met dad and Russell at the neighborhood izakaya (family bar) and had dinner there. Then we came home and I pretty much went straight to bed. Today (Saturday) I worked from 8am to 5:30pm but can now officially say I am done writing textbooks! Its such a relief. I love materials writing, but after a month and the stress of a deadline, I am really ready for a vacation.

So glad dad is here to share it! We will be off on mad-cap adventures tomorrow, far, far away from my office.

No comments: