Friday 8 June 2007

Upcoming Adventure

The building next to the Language Resource Centre at Reading University is finally being torn down. That was a interesting to watch. When I arrived yesterday there was a huddle of instructors standing mouth agape at the fence watching this dinosaur-like piece of machinery biting its way through the steel girders holding the roof up. There was a great flurry of picture-taking as well. All through my tutoring session I could feel the ground vibrating from the demolition. They still have about half of the building to go. I wonder if there will be anything left when I get there this afternoon...

As for the upcoming adventure, Russell and I were invited to go along with the students on a field trip to Stonehenge and then Salsbury. These were two places I had wanted to see but didn't think I would have time for. It should be a lot of fun. I've heard rumors of nice weather too...

No comments: