Tuesday 5 June 2007

Back Home... Or... Well, Sort Of

Russell and I got back to Reading late last night. Our flight was delayed out of Spain and we delayed ourselves to get dinner once we arrived in London. We rolled into Reading around 11:00 at night.

Russell was noticing how we are about to go through a progression of "going home" events. First, we were all tired out from running around in San Sebastian, so returning to Oviedo felt a bit like we were coming home. Then we left Spain and returned to Reading, which felt even more like coming home. Our next homecoming is in two weeks, when we leave the UK for Oregon. Since we'll be staying with my dad until we find a place to live, though, we'll have one more move after that (hopefully the last for a while).

For the time being, though, it is nice to get back to our adopted routine. Russell grumbled off to work this morning and I unpacked, got started on a mountain of laundry, restocked our kitchen and made my regular trip to the library. This afternoon I'm going to go try and pick up where I left off at the University. Unfortunately, I got a message saying that the schedule for the university is all shifted around this week, so I don't quite know what to expect when I get there. (Something about a grand opening? Huh??)

No comments: