Sunday 6 November 2011

The Oblivious Foodie

Can you make beer bread in your rice cooker?

Of COURSE you can!

Next time I'll buy better beer, though... It was perfectly good with a nice rosemary and garlic taste (seeing as I had added those ingredients) but then I'd think, "What is that bitter alcohol free, calorie free finish?"

Oh All Free. Perfectly respectable in your own way, but just can't stand up to real ingredients.

The texture of the bread was a bit too moist and spongy. I put it in the toaster oven for six minutes and got a passable crust to form - not like fresh from the oven, but not bad. I'll have to try it with "black beer" next time.

I also made a lovely vegan (but not on purpose) bean stew.

Both recipes came from a blog called Farm Girl Fare. I'll have to explore the blog more. So far so good.

No comments: