Monday 28 November 2011

Round 2 at the consulate

When I look back at the list of things I was worried might go wrong after our first trip to the consulate, I now realize how naive I was being.

We ended up getting snagged on a much smaller detail thank any of those.

Notary's contact information? Not really necessary. No worries.

Rider not attached? Phht. What's a stapler for?

Witnesses? Just ignore those lines. Totally not necessary. Only there for decoration.

What was a problem?

1. No middle initials (you know this one if you spotted my update)
2. Not signed in blue (they wouldn't have rejected the documents based on this, but they REALLY prefer blue.

Apparently we also managed to miss a couple of dates and or initial points in the 50+ page document. I guess I can understand that last one.

So we went back to the consulate today, left all our electronics at the door, went upstairs. Waved hello to the lady who helped us last time, had the new papers notarized, checked and rechecked that we had found all the signature, initial and date lines scattered throughout the document and made sure we signed in blue and included middle initials EVERYWHERE.

I pity whoever has to find Russell's middle initial in his signature. Its essentially illegible in the best of conditions and its no more obvious that there is a middle initial now than before. Though if you turn the signature sideways you have a 50% chance of spotting the P. It is most assuredly there.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh man... flashbacks...