Monday 10 January 2011

Really big mittens: Part III

I've been working on Russell's giant mittens for the last few days. Yesterday, I finished the first one. It actually turned out to be a bit too big. I was worried that it would be too small, so I tended to take every opportunity to round up when I was figuring out the number of stitches I would need.

Even so, the liner worked out well - this little paw bags is going to offer serious protection against wind and cold, so even if its a bit too spacious, it should still do the job. I'm going to start the second mitten today and scale it down a bit. I may remake the first mitten at some point so they both fit better, but I have a feeling I'll be finished with mittens for a while by the time the second one is made.

I put my first tiny mitten next to the Russell-sized mitten for scale.

No comments: