Monday 19 October 2009

Triumph

Sorry to have been away so long. I've mostly just been lazy. I have things to post, but I haven't uploaded pictures yet. I'll try to get around to it soon.

I do have to brag about two small triumphs, though. One - I finally replaced the cardboard box we were using to store crap we couldn't find a home for with a lovely IKEA shelf. It wasn't hard to do, but it has taken 7 months to get around to it, so I'm pretty proud.

The other triumph was finally getting the enormous mountain of non-burnable plastic down to the garbage pile on the correct day. Non-burnables are only picked up once every other week and due to a wide variety of circumstances, Russell and I hadn't managed to take it out for at least two months - maybe more. The pile of plastic was starting to take over our house. It took me two trips to get it all down to the garbage pile and I was so embarrassed by the quantity of it that I got up at 5:30 (before the sun was up) to beat the morning traffic. I only saw one person and he wasn't a direct neighbor - so it was an all around success.

Now I'm going back to bed.

:)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

If only they had such an anal retentive garbage system here... Well, maybe not SO anal retentive. Any improvement would be nice.