Sunday 12 July 2009

Weather Update

Summer is upon us. We are still nowhere near top heat/humidity (that pleasure is saved for August), but it has gone from "kind of sticky but mostly beautiful", to "wow, kinda rainy, but beautiful in between," to "WHO TURNED ON THE SUN???" I find myself wishing I were a mole so I could live underground and not emerge until winter. I feel like I get a sunburn every time I step outside. I spend as little time as possible outside, so while I am not getting sunburned, I am certainly developing a steadily darker tan. It is starting to draw attention.

Lately, all of the Japanese folks I have talked to start out by complaining about how hot it is, and then quickly explain that this is nothing compared to August if I try to join in. This is often followed by wicked chuckles. Can't wait.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe you need one of those fancy little parasols the ladies carry to keep their skin protected from the sun.