Sunday 15 April 2007

A good pub

Feeling cooped up, we just went on a walk down oxford street and back. Oxford street is a very interesting place, home to "The Music Man" (closed, but we'll return) and many many many kebab shops. We haven't had kebab here, but we will soon. There's a place right next the station that tantalizes me every evening.

On the way back we found a pub who's name I forget where you can get a pint for a mere £2.45, with nice not-skeevy atmosphere. The beer was warm, but I guess that's how it is here. Jaci had London's Pride (nutty, came in a pilsner glass, tasted very good at that temperature) and I had a Bombadier (unremarkable, but kicked afterwards, would've been good cold). It's very close to our apartment - we'll definitely return.

1 comment:

gdenniston said...

I doesn't talk long to grow accustomed to the temperature of the beer. After my last trip to England I came home wishing they served warm here too!