Sunday 15 April 2007

Cheeeeeese!

Faced with a variety of foreign (to us) cheeses, Russell and I have decided to work our way through them. And what fun is it to work your way through a variety of cheeses without sharing your impressions? I was hoping to include a "Cheese-Meter" on the blog listing what we had tried and what ratings both Russell and I gave each cheese... Russell felt this was overkill and voted instead for just posting to the blog. Since I'm too lazy to make my own Cheese-Meter, I guess posting will have to do.

So here's what we've tried (rated in wheels of cheese with a max of 5):

Double Gloucester - cheddar texture, but with a tangy bite to it.
Russell:
❍❍❍❍❍
Jaci:
❍❍❍

Red Leicester - cheddar texture, but creamier
Russell:
❍❍❍❍
Jaci:
❍❍❍❍

White Stilton with Cranberrys - practically a dessert... this cheese is fairly soft, very creamy, and the cranberrys add sweetness.
Russell:
❍❍❍
Jaci:
❍❍❍❍❍

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm... I gotta get me to England.

Anonymous said...

Russell I can't believe you vetoed a cheese meter... so sad. The cheese wheels will just have to do then I guess. happy eating

Kathy and Kevin said...

hi, you two! i'm having so much fun reading about your adventures.

white stilton with apricots is oh so yummy too! and jaci, you must try to find some "tiffins." they are a chocolate brownie-like thing, but a bit crunchy and coated with powdered sugar.

hint: when you get back to London, ride the London Eye. it's pretty cool and you, obviously, get a view like no other of greater London.

keep having fun and i'll keep having fun vicariously!!

Kathy B.