Sunday 22 April 2007

Back Again

I can't believe how long I've neglected the blog...

This last week has been rather low-key. Russell was sick all week, and decided to stay home from work on Tuesday and again on Friday. He seems to be mostly better today, which is good because, as of today, we have company. Russell's friend Nicole is visiting from New Hampshire (she just got in this afternoon).

Today we did a standard walking tour of downtown Reading and then spent the evening catching up and playing games. I think Nicole and I will be going on a few hikes in and around the city over the next few days, so I will make sure to keep the blog updated.

In the meantime, we have two new cheeses to rate:

Wensleydale: A mellow, somewhat wet and crumbly cheese.
Russell: ❍❍❍❍❍
Jaci: ❍❍❍❍❍
Nicole: ❍❍❍❍

Leicester: Tangy, not unlike cheddar. This one is good, but not outstanding in any way.
Russell:❍❍❍
Jaci: ❍❍❍
Nicole: ❍❍❍

As an update, I'm afraid I have to significantly lower my rating of White Stilton. While it is rich and delicious, it was a bit too rich and therefore too easy to overdose on. We haven't been able to revisit the second half of the wedge... and we may not be able to. This is notably different from the Wensleydale (which we have already started our second wedge of within a weeks time).
Revised rating:
Russell: ❍❍
JaciL: ❍❍❍
Nicole: ❍❍❍

No comments: