Thursday 25 February 2010

Evening Out

Had a wonderful evening out with my co-workers. It was a good-bye party for three of my colleagues who will be moving on. I'm really going to miss them. There are some new people coming in next week, though, so I'm looking forward to meeting them.

We got a reserved table at a Thai restaurant. We all paid our part for a 5 course set menu and one of our co-workers (who could not attend) picked up the tab for drinks. The food was really good - actually spicy!

By a couple drinks in, everyone at the table was pretty relaxed and happy too. It was good. There was very little talk of work, which was also good. The co-worker who was actually celebrating his last day of work today was presented with a very large bottle of sake, followed by his presenting us with a very nice speech. The next co-worker who will be leaving gave a very short speech due to an allergic reaction that was setting in, and the third co-worker (who plans to leave but hasn't been granted a final day yet) also said a few words. It was nice.

I'm glad this won't actually be the last time I see everyone. Its hard to process the fact that people really won't be coming back to work. I wish them well in their future pursuits.

No comments: