Tuesday 3 July 2012

Summer is upon us

My guilt has finally overcome me and I am sitting down to whip out a quick blog update. I have many longer posts in mind, but I just don't have time these days.

Summer is well underway in Japan. Rainy season is doing its thing - making sure things stay nice and muggy. The temperatures are no longer confortable, but I have no doubt they will be far worse in another month. Summer usually doesn't give it a rest until around October sometime. Bleh.

Add to that the threat of rolling power outages this summer and you can imagine how much I love this season.

All bitterness aside, one thing I DO love about this season are all the gorgeous hydrangea. There is a wide variety of them, all gorgeous, and EVERYWHERE. Their lovely cool shades seem totally out of place in this heat - but welcome nonetheless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaci, 

My name is Liz, I an Australia on the way to a swing dance camp in Sweden via Japan to visit some friends. I google swign dancing in Kyoto and your blog came up. Do you know if there are any swing groups in Kyoto and if there is any lessons or dancing on Fri, Sat, Sun this week (6,7,8 July). 
Liz

Jaci said...

I don't know of any Swing Dance in Kyoto - but there is dancing in Osaka (30 minutes or so by train).

You are in luck - once a month there is a swing party on Sunday at Easy Dance Cafe. Here is the link to their website:
http://easydancecafe.wordpress.com/about/
Note the "Easy Swing Party" on the calendar on the right. There will be a beginner and intermediate lesson before and then a swing party. It costs 1500 yen and includes a drink.

Hope you can make it!

Here is the homepage for the Osaka group in general. Our usual dance night is Wednesday every week - this Sunday is a special event.

http://mechakuchaswing.main.jp/Top.html

Feel free to contact them for more information - all of the organizers speak English and Japanese.