Friday 25 December 2009

Merry Christmas!

I have tons of things to post right now, but I am jumping ahead again to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

My bosses realized that since classes ended on the 24th, there probably wouldn't be any students coming to the school today, and therefore, no English teachers would be needed.

Christmas off! Hooray!

Russell spent Christmas Eve making chicken soup. We had a roast chicken carcass left over from the awesome Christmas party we threw on Wednesday (there will be a post coming). Not wanting to waste even a morsel of roast chicken, Russell set about making delicious soup. I was very lucky when I came home.

So after the soup we started staring at our little pile of Christmas gifts. We had originally intended to wait until Christmas morning (especially since I knew I wouldn't need to go into work after all) but the gifts won out. We opened them on Christmas Eve.

Russell got a Takoyaki pan and related utensils along with a bottle of Glogg and a bag of hard gummy ninja treats. I got convertible glove mittens, a cell phone charm with a compass in it and here's the best part:

Gift certificates to the Cat Cafe!

Apparently, the cat cafe is a small cafe with tons of cats in it. For $10 you can spend an hour snuggling cats. For $12 you can snuggle cats AND drink a beverage and for $15 you can snuggle cats and drink an alcoholic beverage. I can't wait! I kind of feel like I'm cheating on my cats at home... I hope they'll understand...

So wherever you are, if you are celebrating Christmas, Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year to everyone.

No comments: